2 ½ Tbsp oil
3 tsp chopped garlic
1/3 cup chopped onions
3 Tbsp chopped ginger
500 gm CHICKEN PULUTAN MIX
¼ cup red bell pepper, sliced diagonally into ¼” strips
½ cup *bagoong alamang
2 ½ cup coconut cream
150 gm Chicken and CHICKEN LIVER, chopped
½ cup finger chili, sliced diagonally into ¼” strips (may remove seeds to reduce spiciness)
Procedure:In a pan, heat oil and saute onions until translucent. Add garlic then ginger. Let sauté until fragrant. Add Chicken Pulutan Mix and cook for 5 minutes. Add red bell pepper and bagoong alamang. Stir until chicken is completely covered by the mixture for about 8 - 10 minutes. Add coconut cream, chicken liver and finger chili. Let simmer for 10 – 15 minutes until mixture is slightly thick.
Makes 3 – 4 servings.
- If bagoong alamang is too salty, soak in water and drain for 2 or 3 times.
- Rubbing the chicken with lemon juice and then poach in water containing lemon juice or white wine vinegar will help to keep the flesh of the meat white when cooked.
- Cutting meat across the grain will produce slices with shorter fibers, resulting in more tender pieces
- Avoid removing the cover to the pot during the cooking process. This will allow heat and steam to escape, resulting in extended cooking times.
- Cook to the proper temperature, because undercooking the chicken will cause it to be tough and overcooking the chicken causes loss of moisture, making the chicken drier.
BOB's Buffet primarily caters to intimate parties with a minimum of 30 guests.
It offers an array of simple and mostly requested party dishes arranged in a tastefully elegant buffet set-up at a minimal cost.
They are located here near us...Marikina, Philippines, 1811